Tuesday, December 06, 2005

How are you living?

While watching the first real snowfall the other day I began to think about the beauty of nature and its diversity. If nobody would notice, why the need to have each snow flake be different? What was the creator thinking,if not to create a unique beauty above and beyond?

Every tree, blade of grass, leaf and mountain has its own uniqueness. However together they make a breathtaking scene. As humans though we ...if not careful, believe that there is only one right way to live in peace. Where did we learn that? Only one way to pray. One way to love.

Have you ever found a certain kind of music that moves and excites you naturally but because of a conditioned thought you restrain yourself from the natural emotion because you have been taught that you should not like or respond to certain music? Who taught you that?

Many of us become judgmental of those who think different,look different and act different than us. We also deny ourselves the joy of experiencing variety in life due to fear of being judged by others. Did you judge someone today? Did you speak negatively against someone? Did you disrespect someone because their method was different than yours? Has nature not taught, the only one way to live in peace is to live in harmony with the rest of creation? Including our fellow humans.

"We will either learn to live together as brothers, or die together as fools."
Dr.Martin Luther King Jr.

Are you free enough to live your life without fear of judgment? Are you free enough to allow others to live their lives free of your judgment? Are you living above and beyond and pursuing harmony?

Respect

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God you are back, Dr. Respect. You have definitely been missed! You raise some very thought provoking questions. I would love to say that I live my life the way I want to but I'm sure I take into account the concerns and comments of others to some extent. After all, where did I get my sense of what's right and wrong for me if not to some degree from others? I'm also sure there are times when I judge others who do things differrently than me. I believe that if we are truly living a nonjudgmental life, then we would have to be OK with others who do live their life according to other's wishes or even those who live hate filled lives. I am in favor of everyone doing their own thing as long as they are not causing physical harm to or oppressing other people. Thanks also for calling attention to nature's beauty. Sometimes, I am guilty of taking that for granted.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to this page in a while and was grateful to find "How are you living?" After a very dissappointing encounter this weekend, I needed to be renewed spiritually by Dr. Respect. To my suprise the encounter was related to "How are you living?", since we are all at sometime or another judged someone or something and sometimes, incorrectly. I truly believe that only the higher power can judge us! If this was a perfect world there would be no controversey, there would be nothing to be motivated about, nothing to look forward to, etc...I definitely do not want controversey daily but it is welcomed when it arrives because there is a lesson learned and I know there's something wonderful waiting for me around the corner and without Dr.Respect reminding us of the small things and giving us such PROFOUND statements some of us would drown in controversey. RESPECTFULLY YOURS, SWEET P

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>