Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Let's draw the line

With the passing of time I have noticed that instead of the generations becoming more disciplined they are becoming less disciplined. Not too many years ago I stated that if a child continued on a course of disrespect and rebellion that they would not be successful. However I was watching some music videos and what I saw portrayed was disrespect, rebellion and violence. The same behaviors I previously stated would result in a downfall. A niche has been created for it to not only exist but flourish. I was able to reflect on various neighborhoods where I see those same images displayed and given honor. Where will it really end? Will there just be constant adaptation as we have noticed up to this point?

It appears that instead of drawing the proverbial line, society has adapted to the trends initiated by the profiteers to continue supporting the belief that: " If it makes money it makes sense." I personally add to that: "regardless of the cost or collateral damage that may result." Who is there left to say enough is enough? Who even wants to? I recall a time in my short life when I thought I would not see in the schools, streets and hear on the radio much of what I hear today. It seems that in our attempt to be understanding and flexible that we have become more and more tolerant of what was previously considered unacceptable behavior. But why?

To function above and beyond we might want to look at drawing the line in our homes , families and maybe even in our circles of influence. Of course there is the possibility that we may be considered obsolete in our way of thinking because of not adapting and blending with the newest moral trends or family values. Therefore we should ask ourselves the question: if we don't draw the line who will, and at what point and if not now, when?

Respect

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>